ACCOUNTING-FIDUCIARY TAX ACCOUNTANT
Law Firm on the West Coast of Florida, is seeking a full-time experienced Fiduciary Tax Accountant.
Are you an experienced Fiduciary Tax Accountant with at least 5 years of experience? ‘
Are you seeking a long-term opportunity with a respected law firm?
Are you looking for an opportunity that gives you career enhancement opportunities?
If you answered yes to several of these, then read on
You will be working with true professionals at their firm near Fort Myers, Florida
The firmn prides themselves on Team Work. The firm culture is awesome. They provide an outstanding salary and extensive benefits,
Mentor and be mentored
*Interact with and show compassion to, individuals who may have suffered the loss of a loved one or are under a great deal of stress.
* Attorneys and staff work collaboratively in a team environment sharing significant client contact.
*Managing and timely producing a high volume of complex, detailed work involving estate administration, trust administration, and fiduciary accounting in a manner that ensures that the firm successfully meets its objective of distinguishing itself through exceptional service.
*Excellent organizaitonal skills while working independently at times.
*Open to work overtime when necessary as deadlines require,
*The ability to multitask while adapting to changes in priorities, and the ability to adapt to changes in technology and processes.
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Functions of the Job:
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with clients and personnel both inside and outside the firm to obtain and clarify information needed to substantiate facts, and identify documents;
- Managing a docket system and tracking deadlines to confirm that returns and accountings are filed timely or extended where applicable;
- Preparing federal and state death tax returns;
- Preparing individual, partnership, corporate, and non-profit organization tax returns;
- Preparing gift tax returns;
- Preparing federal and state fiduciary income tax returns;
- Preparing related filings, planning and analyzing all accountings and returns;
- Administering trusts and estates;
- Communicating both verbally and via written correspondence with clients, trustees, banks, etc.;
- Identifying, gathering, and valuing assets;
- Preparing various probate and estate administration documents when necessary;
- Preparing accountings for both estates and trusts;Reviewing and interpreting wills and trust agreements in collaboration with attorneys, so as to implement the plan during the estate and trust administration process and to fund trusts; and
- Research issues of law using a variety of resources.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree, with 5 years of experience preferred;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office resources (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), PDF software and related scanning and production utilities, and document management software;
- Experience working with tax preparation and accounting software (e.g., FastTax, ProSystems, etc.);
- Ability to learn and use advanced software programs and new technology and have a desire to seek and attend training to improve skills; and
- Understanding of basic business relationships and client confidentiality principles.
Excellent Salary & Generous Benefits:
- Dental, Health, Life, and Vision insurance
- Eligible for Bonus pay based on performance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
THIS IS AN EXCEPTIONAL LAW FIRM. KINDLY SEND YOUR RESUME WITH SALARY EXPECTATION TO SHERRYZ@TOPLAWJOBS.COM