Corporate Legal Secretary Assistant
Prestigious Regional Law Firm is seeking a Legal Assistant with corporate transactional experience for their Miami office. The ideal candidate should have solid experience with creation of entities via SunBiz and working with BVI’s.
Legal Assistant Job Description
- Following the Firm’s established document processing methods and procedures creates, edits, spell checks, and proofreads work product to ensure accuracy and completeness. Accurately transcribes from tapes, handwritten materials, and/or dictation. Prepares various forms and creates new documents using the Firm’s Best Practice methods.
- Schedules and maintains timekeepers’ calendars, where appropriate.
- Inputs, reviews, edits, and closes timekeepers’ time entries through the Firm’s time entry program using Firm standards.
- Handles monthly client billing (paper and electronic billing). Review billing prebills for accuracy and completeness. Performs client, matter, timekeeper inquiries, and narrative edits.
- Prepares timekeepers’ expense reports in promptly arranging for payment of vendor invoices or checks to be drawn and charged to appropriate client/matter numbers.
- Opens new matters and generates client conflict checks.
- Sets up and maintains timekeeper’s work paper and electronic files, including daily and regular filing. Indexes and prepares files for off-site storage.
- Prints and organizes various documents received in multiple formats, including emails and attachments.
- As requested, answer the telephone and accurately takes and relay messages. Arranges for video conferencing and sets up conference calls.
- Volunteers for overflow work.
- Actively seeks to maximize productivity and promote teamwork.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records, and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Legal Assistant Requirements
- 5+ years of corporate transactional work experience required.
- Solid experience with using SunBiz for entity formation and BVI’s.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- 60 wpm typing speed, excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills.
Similar Job Titles
- Paralegal Corporate
- Legal Secretary Corporate
- Legal Assistant Corporate
- Transactional Law
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity or know anyone qualified, please contact Lilliana del Real with Legal Search Solutions at Lillidr@TopLawJobs.com