EDISCOVERY/LITIGATION SUPPORT EXPERIENCE
A rare opportunuty has just opened up in West Palm Beach, Florida. The firm is searching for a candidate that has experience with big firm EDiscovery/Litigation Support. The role will be for a Project Manager in the Litigation Support Services Department.
The candidate must have experience working with attorneys, support staff and business partners on matters involving E Discovery,
information governance, virtual data rooms, and trial support.
Duties and Responsibilities – Project Management 50%; Consultancy 50%
- Manage and participate in all aspects of litigation support along the electronic discovery reference model (“EDRM”) for matters in all offices
- Provide case teams and clients with consultancy, oversight, and project management support during the eDiscovery lifecycle from data identification through case closure.
- Preserve, collect, and process electronically stored information (“ESI”) and paper using industry technologies and business partners/vendors, and track physical and digital evidence.
- Provide early case assessment (“ECA”) strategy, manage ECA searching and culling, orchestrate processing specifications, and consult on ECA and processing reports.
- Build and manage structured and conceptual analytics, and machine learning tools.
- Coordinate, manage, and assist with document reviews including strategy, workflow, searching, tagging, and reporting utilizing linear review, advanced analytics, or machine learning.
- Manage ESI document productions including drafting specifications, running searches, and quality checking, production deliverables, and consulting attorneys and paralegals on production strategy and QC.
- Provide case teams and clients with consultancy, oversight, and support in all aspects of deposition and trial support for varied proceedings, and manage trial support functions including equipment maintenance, instruction and training, and setup at all venues.
- Manage case closure at the end of a matter and consult on information governance across EDRM for Firm attorneys and clients.
- Administrate collaborative workspaces, virtual data rooms, and FTP sites.
- Engage and manage business partners/vendors in all phases of the EDRM across multiple matters.
- Document case and project information throughout the lifecycle of the EDRM, manage project tasks among internal and external support teams.
- Assist case teams with eDiscovery budgeting and manage business partner/vendor billing across multiple matters including QC, logging, and submitting transactional invoices.
- Maintain communication with attorneys and case team regarding timelines, status, and budget, and advocate for best practices across EDRM.
- Identify and escalate issues and risks as appropriate to department and Firm leadership.
- Ensure delivery of work product within set timeframes and QC standards.
- Assist developing and implementing solutions, workflows, and procedures at a department level, including management of non-billable projects and assisting with documentation.
- Build and foster strong relationships with attorneys, staff, and clients, and represent LSS department on cases and at Firm events.
- Enter time for billable and non-billable tasks on a daily basis.
Required Technical Skills
- Extensive experience in Relativity or RelOne
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office
- Experience in CaseMap or equivalent case management software
- Experience in TextMap or equivalent deposition management software
- Experience in Nuix, LAW, or equivalent processing software
- Extensive experience collecting ESI and paper
- Extensive experience with advanced analytics, TAR, and machine learning
- Knowledge of forensic collection and processing tools and standards
- Knowledge of privacy, security, and information governance needs across EDRM
Required Soft Skills
- Kind to others
- Excellent work ethic
- Team-oriented approach
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple matters with shifting deadlines and moving targets in a fast paced environment while communicating with case teams
- Ability to manage others, allocate resources, and delegate responsibilities
- Willingness to learn, adopt, and implement processes and procedures
- Positive attitude
- Desire to challenge the status quo in the spirit of growth and professional development
- Minimum of 5 years of combined experience in litigation support, eDiscovery, and project management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Relativity 1 software
- Ability to work flexible hours and remotely as needed
- Ability to travel to all offices and trial locations multiple times per year
- Experience with TrialDirector or Sanction preferred
- Participation in industry and volunteer organizations (e.g., ILTA, ACEDS, etc.) preferred
- Industry- and job-related certifications including CEDS, RCA, PMP, or CIPP a plus
Physical Demands of Position
Work is performed in a professional office environment and requires the following during the work day:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time (working at a computer)
- Repetitive movement (i.e. heavy computer/keyboard use).
- Individual will interact regularly with others verbally, in-person, and via written communication.
- May require occasional light lifting (files, copy paper, equipment, etc.).
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
- Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
OFFICES ARE LOCATED IN PALM BEACH, BROWARD OR MIAMI-DADE COUNTIES-IF HIRED, YOU CAN WORK AT ANY OF THE THREE LOCATIONS
SHERRYZ@TOPLAWJOBS.COM -for PALM BEACH COUNTY
MATT@TOPLAWJOBS.COM FOR BROWARD
LILLIDR@TOPLAWJOBS.COM FOR MIAMI
CONTRACT OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE AS WELL.