A leading National law firm, has a rare opening at their Tampa, Florida office. They seek a commercial litigation legal administrative ssistant to join their Health Care Litigation Group.
- Proficient knowledge of the rules of procedure using various court filing systems, must have experience filing pleadings in both Federal and State by the related court requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills needed to draft and proofread correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Experience tracking firm, attorney, and client expenses and using application software to process reimbursements and payments.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in the client billing process, including assisting attorneys in entering narratives, tracking billable tasks, making edits, calendaring billing due dates, and delivering bills to clients in electronic and paper forms.
- Schedule state court hearings by court requirements.
- Understand court requirements to calculate deadlines and ensure the attorney and team meet them.
- Schedule client appointments in coordination with the attorney.
- Possess some knowledge of special events planning and coordination to organize attorney business development events.
- Managing electronic and paper case files.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence. Answering, screening, directing, and placing telephone calls and emails.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service and quality.
Education and Experience
- Must have three to five years of law firm experience, preferably as a litigation legal assistant with Federal and State court experience.
If you are interested or know someone that is, kindly send your resume to me along with your salary requirments.