NEW POSITION IN WEST PALM BEACH AT A MUCH SOUGHT AFTER FIRM
National firm with offices around the country, has a new legal administrative assistant position to support a team of attorneys by performing complex, administrative assistance using specialized knowledge of the assigned practice area(s).
This position works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment to deliver the highest level of service to internal and external clients.
- Provide superior client service by answering and screening calls in a courteous and timely manner and providing other client assistance when needed.
- Work closely with attorneys and clients to ensure seamless transfer of information.
- Facilitates the management of client specific data to enhance the overall approach to dedicated interactions.
- Manage workflow of assigned tasks and projects, prioritizing incoming tasks to meet deadlines and coordinate with other support services to complete work.
- Working knowledge of court rules (federal and state) including document preparation, electronic filing and processing.
- Manage attorney calendars and assist in meeting deadlines, coordinate attorney and/or client travel arrangements and collaborate with the client regarding same.
- Prepare legal documents, memoranda, and correspondence from draft or dictated text. Create, edit, format, and proofread documents, spreadsheets and presentations with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assist multiple attorneys as primary assignment and provide additional support, back?up, and PTO coverage for the CSS assigned to the team.
- Transmit legal documents, memoranda, and correspondence to clients, witnesses and court officials by electronic filing, fax, email, mail and/or messenger.
- Process new business requests by working closely with the New Business Intake Team by opening new matters; preparing and reviewing conflicts submissions; close matters; and create and maintain client case files using appropriate recordkeeping software.
- Calendar all critical deadlines and other dates requiring action into a calendaring database and ensure accurate calculations; maintain and manage these deadlines.
- Assist in the coordination of client billing using sophisticated software and procedures that may require client-specific instructions.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Work proactively with Legal Team Assistants to accomplish tasks.
- Collaborate with resources, including Attorney Resource Center, as appropriate to complete projects and tasks.
- Adhere to all firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines while maintaining confidentiality.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Associate’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree a plus; applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience at a law firm or legal or corporate department required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work.
- Must exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven and detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, initiative, decision-making skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High level of inter-personal skills required to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position requires a highly professional demeanor and appearance including possessing poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients/contacts.
- Proven proficiency using legal terminology and experience working in related practice area(s).
- Experience with court/administrative related agency filings and meeting related deadlines.
- Possess a high level of proficiency using a variety of office equipment including personal computer, telephone, transcription equipment, printer, and copier.
- Keyboarding skills of 60 wpm or higher required.
- Must have intermediate-level working knowledge of the MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.