LEGALSECRETARY / LEGAL ASSISTANT – CIVIL LITIGATION
TEMP-TO-PERM – Fort Lauderdale, FL
South Florida law firm is seeking a legal secretary / legal assistant or to join their Fort Lauderdale office in a temporary-to-hire capacity covering an open desk, starting right away.
This position supports one attorney with a litigation practice. The position requires the candidate to be detail-oriented, and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Prepare cases for trial
- Type and e-file pleadings and discovery
- Transcribe digital dictation
- Schedule hearings, depositions, mediations, CMEs, conferences, inspections
- Calendar management and adherence to deadlines
- Maintain and organize files
- Time entries
- Summarize medical records and prepare medical chronologies
- Process mail, greet clients, answer phone
- Interact with clients, adjusters, Judges, opposing counsel, experts and witnesses
QUALIFIED LEGAL ASSISTANT
- 2+ year’s Litigation experience.
- Must be familiar with Florida Rules of Civil Procedure
- Must be able to do e-Filing and eService.
- Must be able to do digital dictation, and have good typing skills
The scheduled hours are 9am – 5pm with a one hour lunch. This is an ‘on-site” position
Once permanent, the firm offers excellent benefits including Health and Life Insurance, 401K, and vacation, as well as a competitive salary.
If you are qualified for and interested in this position, please contact Patrick Farley with Legal Search Solutions: Patrick@TopLawJobs.com
Ref # 13409