Very well respected regional firm is seeking to hire an experienced legal assistant/paralegal to join their Downtown Fort Lauderdale office. This position will focus on plaintiff personal injury and medical malpractice. Candidates with a minimum of five years of medical malpractice and catastrophic personal injury experience will be considered. Must have experience with both pre-suit and litigation phases. Compensation is based on experience and previous salary history but expected to be in the high 60k range.
- Calendaring deadlines
- Scheduling with opposing counsel and JAs
- Requesting and arranging medical records
- Drafting and eFiling pleadings, motions, and other legal docs
- Trial, deposition, and hearing preparation
- Schedule and communicate with expert witnesses
- Draft and respond to discovery, demands, simple motions, etc
- Ability to move cases along with minimal attorney direction
- Familiarity with medical terminology and records
- Experience working on med mal and BI cases
- Knowledge of all deadlines and other rules of procedure, including all med mal-specific pre-suit deadlines and statutory requirements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5 – 10+ yrs litigation experience, and know the process from beginning to end
If you are qualified for and interested in this position, please contact Matt Salomon with Legal Search Solutions: Matt@TopLawJobs.com.