Primarily, Legal Assistants work directly with our attorneys to assist them with ongoing cases and prepare them for trial if needed. In addition, they conduct fact-finding projects and are responsible for maintaining all case files.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform secretarial, clerical, and data entry duties.
- Document management using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- E-file legal documents in Florida’s E-Portal System.
- Maintain attorney’s calendar.
- Schedule depositions, pre-depositions, meetings, mediations, and hearings.
- Assist attorneys in preparing for depositions, hearings, trials, and conferences.
- Draft legal court documents, such as pleadings, motions, affidavits, and subpoenas.
- Send out correspondence to parties/non-parties via email, regular mail, or certified mail.
- Communicate with clients.
- Set up Court calls or Zoom for hearings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Full-time, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, M-F.
- 2+ years of legal assistant experience.
- First-party property or general litigation experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience with case management software.
- Experience e-filing in both state and federal courts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with clients and co-workers effectively and efficiently.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
The Firm offers a competitive benefits package for our full-time employees and their families. Here is a summary of our benefits (the list is not all-inclusive):
- Competitive Wage
- Paid Time Off, Holiday, Bereavement, and Sick Time
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Group Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Employer-Covered Supplemental Benefits
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Annual Performance Reviews
THIS IS AN EXCITING TIME FOR YOU AS A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL!
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOUR FUTURE WITH A GREAT FIRM!