We are working with a growing firm in Boca Raton, FL that is seeking legal assistants, legal secretaries, and paralegals in a temporary-to-hire capacity.
The individual in this role primarily supports attorneys with insurance defense litigation matters. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm. This is not a remote role.
· Organizes and analyzes documentary evidence including medical records, reports, depositions, discovery, investigative and other documents and summaries. Interpretation and preparation of chronologies and summaries as requested.
· Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence and other written documents as required including responses, reports, filings, pleadings, answers, motions, interrogatories, opinions, position papers, letters, etc., and other documents as necessary.
· Prepares and handles tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other requests for information.
· Conducts research on legal issues and investigation of witnesses and experts, including social media and internet research.
· Communicates with clients, witnesses, experts.
· Monitors calendar deadlines, files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement. Performs timely handling of highly sensitive issues, litigation support and materials related to case and preparing for trial.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Experience handling trial preparation, subpoenas and responding to discovery.
· Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel required.
· Experience filing federal documents with Pacer system desired.
· Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment, calendar and file management and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to Karen Morrick with Legal Search Solutions at Karen@TopLawJobs.com.