Legal Secretary – Litigation FEDERAL COURT
Prestigious Law Firm in Downtown Miami is looking to hire an experienced Legal Assistant with complex commercial litigation experience in Federal Court required. They are looking for someone that takes initiative and has strong organizational skills. Candidates with at least 7+ years of litigation experience will be considered.
Firm offers excellent benefits and salary, depending on experience. Immediate opportunity!
Legal Secretary Commercial Litigation – Job Duties
- Calendar deadlines correctly, both in federal and state court, including complex business litigation section of the Miami-Dade Circuit Court for the Eleventh Circuit, or events, as necessary;
- Confirm calendared items the day before the event, or with sufficient time in advance;
- Maintain files;
- Put binders together for hearings;
- Pull case law from Westlaw (not research);
- Arrange court reporters for hearings;
- Assist attorneys in gathering all materials needed in preparation of hearings;
- File documents in court and serve opposing parties, by following appropriate court filing procedures;
- Familiar with Timeslips, Worldox, Office 365 CourtMap, e-file, cmecf;
- Schedule depositions, mediations and other dates;
- Prepare airway bills for courier mailings, as required (DHL, FedEx, etc.);
- Answer telephones in a clear, prompt, courteous and professional manner;
- Work as a “team” with other legal assistants by offering to assist with any rush or emergency tasks;
- Ensure that at the end of the day all pending emergency items have been handled. Consult with other legal assistants to offer help, if necessary;
- Assist attorney(s) with their travel requirements (travel itineraries, air tickets, hotel and vehicle reservations, etc.
- Calendar trips or absences in the Firm calendar.
Legal Secretary Commercial Litigation – Requirements
- Be punctual and reliable;
- Be proactive (do not wait for attorneys to tell you what to do on a case);
- Have a “to-do” attitude;
- Be able to meet deadlines – no excuses;
- Know deadlines pursuant to federal and state court rules, including complex business litigation section of the Miami-Dade Circuit Court for the Eleventh Circuit.
Similar Job Titles:
- Litigation Legal Assistant
- Paralegal Commercial Litigation
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Litigation Paralegal
- Legal Assistant Commercial Litigation
- Legal Secretary Commercial Litigation
If you are interested in learning more about this outstanding opportunity, please contact Lilliana del Real with Legal Search Solutions at Lillidr@TopLawJobs.com