LEGAL SECRETARY – CIVIL LITIGATION
TEMP-TO-PERM – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale law firm is seeking a legal secretary / legal assistant to join their boutique office in a temporary-to-hire capacity starting right away.
This position supports one attorney with a civil litigation practice. The position requires the candidate to be dependable, detail-oriented, and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Transcribe digital dictation
- Schedule hearings, depositions, mediations, CMEs, conferences, inspections
- Prepare cases for trial
- E-file pleadings
- Prepare discovery
- Handle calendar and adhere to deadlines
- Maintain and organize files
- Do time entrys
- Prepare medical chronologies
- Summarize medical records
- Process mail, greet clients, answer phone
- Interact with clients, adjusters, Judges, opposing counsel, experts and witnesses
QUALIFIED LEGAL ASSISTANT
- Must be able to do digital dictation, and have good typing skills
- 3+ year’s Legal Secretary experience including litigation.
- Must be familiar with Florida Rules of Civil Procedure
- Must be able to do e-Filing and eService.
The firm offers excellent benefits including Health and Life Insurance, 401K, and vacation, as well as a competitive salary in the $50Ks, once permanent.
The scheduled hours are 9am – 5pm with a one hour lunch. This is an ‘on-site” position
If you are qualified for and interested in this position, please contact Patrick Farley with Legal Search Solutions right away
Ref # 14000
Legal Search Solutions is a specialized staffing agency that focuses on the legal industry. If you’re looking for your next great position, please review our other jobs here.