Our client, a prestigious and well known firm, is seeking a paralegal with a litigation background for their Miami, FL office in a temporary to hire capacity.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Position requires a minimum of 3 years of law firm experience as a legal assistant or paralegal, the ability to follow protocols, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and work closely with two attorneys to achieve their case specific goals.
– Position requires a high-level of reading comprehension, verbal and written communication skills.
– Demonstrated experience in preparing public record requests and maintaining tracking status chart for attorney reference.
– Calendaring for assigned attorneys and assist in monitoring litigation deadlines.
– Prepare draft responses to written discovery.
– Prepare and serve document production
– Prepare written discovery, track response deadlines and file Motions to Compel when proper.
– Schedule hearings and depositions
– Prepare subpoenas and track service and response status for attorney review.
– Assist attorneys in hearing preparation and prepare courtesy copies in compliance with each judge’s division instructions.
– Florida Efiling and Eservice as requested.
– Perform additional, litigation related duties and tasks as instructed.
– Assist other clerk paralegals as necessary.
– Physical attendance and punctuality in office.
If you have the experience, are interested, and are available to start this temporary-to-hire position with a good firm, please contact Karen Morrick with Legal Search Solutions.
Job # 14335
Legal Search Solutions is a specialized staffing agency that focuses on the legal industry. If you’re looking for your next great position, please review our other jobs here.