Senior Investigator Paralegal with Legal Experience in Plaintiff Work
Essential Job Functions
The Firm is seeking a senior paralegal/investigator to support an assigned group of attorneys.
This position requires the canidate to be
Ability to interact with staff and clients at all levels in a fast-paced, challenging legal environment.
Proactive work ethic, ability to anticipate needs,
Strong decision-making skills,
Attention to detail, and
You must have a flexible schedule
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Conduct complete client intakes and interview witnesses.
- Interface with clients, colleagues and medical providers, both on the telephone and in-person.
- Conduct complete client intakes, interview witnesses and evaluate case viability, formulating recommendations to attorney.
- Supervise the ordering of appropriate records, obtain official reports, research and recommend experts necessary to case development.
- Prepare a full summary of client interviews, including analysis of legal issues, medical issues, and recommendations for proceeding
- Conduct accident scene investigations including diagramming scene.
- Request, organize and summarize medical records and bills.
- Evaluate records and create reports to attorney regarding important issues.
- Evaluate negligence and causation issues and consult with experts regarding additional materials needed.
- Conduct legal, medical, scientific, technical, and product research.
- Attend medical examinations and monitor/report outcome to supervising attorney.
- Liaise with and interview experts and medical personnel.
- Evaluate the legal and strategy issues involved with drafting pleadings. Guide and instruct legal associates on research projects. Prepare initial drafts of pleadings for attorney review.
- Locate and conduct preliminary interviews of all types of case experts, providing recommendations to supervising attorney regarding retention.
- Performs complex activities which may be highly confidential and sensitive and require discretion and diplomacy.
- Communicate with insurance carriers and opposing counsel.
- Organize, annotate and summarize depositions, noting important testimony and supporting or contrary evidence relating to testimony.
- Prepare extensive medical chronologies, identifying records important to liability and causation issues.
- Prepare graphical presentations (PowerPoint presentations, etc.). Supervise day in the life and documentary videos for review by attorney.
- Review damage information and calculate damages based on legal issues affecting evaluation of the case.
- Create and maintain damage summaries.
- Prepare and compile discovery responses for attorney review.
- Review with client and evaluate the legal ramifications of the drafted response making revisions as appropriate for attorney review.
- Draft discovery based on legal and factual issues of case.
- Prepare draft motions and responses.
- Attend mediation.
- Prepare settlement demand packages, proposals and statements for attorney review.
- Assist in trial preparation, including witness preparation, trial notebooks, exhibits and exhibit lists.
- Schedule expert depositions and pre-deposition meetings.
- Actively assist in witness preparation at the direction of attorney.
- Produce records for expert, deposition transcripts and errata sheets.
- Assist in courtroom during trial.
- Approves timesheets and vacation requests for support staff.
- Participates in night line on-call client intake rotation.
- Provides direct supervision of day-to-day work
- Supervision of support staff under direction of Lead attorney ensures progress of caseload.
- Provides input and participates in the hiring, performance management, and termination of support staff.
- Makes managerial decisions in lead attorney’s absence in line with prior guidance from attorney.
- Trains and instructs team on team appropriate operating procedures.
FLSA Exemption Status
Education, Qualifications, and Certifications
High School diploma or GED required.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Paralegal certification strongly preferred.
Ten or more years of experience in Personal Injury and/or Medical Malpractice cases, or as an insurance adjustor.
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
Must be familiar with trial preparation, preparing exhibits and deposition designations, and analyzing/summarizing medical records.
FileVine experience preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to maintain a heavy workload with time-sensitive material.
- Critical Thinker.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Able to work well independently, as well as part of a team.
- Leadership skills.
Office environment.-In office
Physical Activities & Requirements
Standing for sustained periods of time.
Lift, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
Outstanding benefits and excellent pay!
Kindly send your resume to SherryZ@TopLawJobs.com