A leading Florida law firm, seeks a commercial litigation assistant to join their litigation team in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Proficient knowledge of the rules of procedure using various court filing systems, must have experience filing pleadings in both Federal and State by the related court requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills needed to draft and proofread correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Experience tracking firm, attorney, and client expenses and using application software to process reimbursements and payments.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in the client billing process, including assisting attorneys in entering narratives, tracking billable tasks, making edits, calendaring billing due dates, and delivering bills to clients in electronic and paper forms.
- Schedule state court hearings by court requirements.
- Understand court requirements to calculate deadlines and ensure the attorney and team meet them.
- Schedule client appointments in coordination with the attorney.
- Possess some knowledge of special events planning and coordination to organize attorney business development events.
- Managing electronic and paper case files.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence. Answering, screening, directing, and placing telephone calls and emails.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service and quality.
Education and Experience
- Must have three to five years of law firm experience, preferably as a litigation legal assistant with Federal and State court experience.
- Experience working with multiple attorneys required.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully: typing/using a keyboard, and writing by hand.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Attendance in the office is required.
If you are interested or know someone that is, kindly send your resume to me along with your salary requirments to SherryZ@TopLawJobs.Com