Legal Assistant – Corporate
Prestigious Regional Law Firm is seeking a Legal Assistant with corporate transactional experience for their Miami office.
Legal Assistant Job Description
- Following the Firm’s established document processing methods and procedures creates, edits, spell checks, and proofreads work product to ensure accuracy and completeness. Accurately transcribes from tapes, handwritten materials, and/or dictation. Prepares various forms and creates new documents using the Firm’s Best Practice methods.
- Schedules and maintains timekeepers’ calendars, where appropriate.
- Inputs, reviews, edits, and closes timekeepers’ time entries through the Firm’s time entry program using Firm standards.
- Handles monthly client billing (paper and electronic billing). Review billing prebills for accuracy and completeness. Performs client, matter, timekeeper inquiries, and narrative edits.
- Prepares timekeepers’ expense reports in promptly arranging for payment of vendor invoices or checks to be drawn and charged to appropriate client/matter numbers.
- Opens new matters and generates client conflict checks.
- Sets up and maintains timekeeper’s work paper and electronic files, including daily and regular filing. Indexes and prepares files for off-site storage.
- Prints and organizes various documents received in multiple formats, including emails and attachments.
- As requested, answer the telephone and accurately takes and relay messages. Arranges for video conferencing and sets up conference calls.
- Volunteers for overflow work.
- Actively seeks to maximize productivity and promote teamwork.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records, and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Legal Assistant Requirements
- 5+ years of corporate transactional work experience required.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Billing experience, including electronic billing, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- 60 wpm typing speed, excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Flexible for overtime.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Similar Job Titles
- Paralegal Corporate
- Legal Secretary Corporate
- Legal Assistant Corporate
- Transactional Law
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity or know anyone qualified, please contact Lilliana del Real with Legal Search Solutions at Lillidr@TopLawJobs.com