Legal Assistant – Insurance Defense
Prestigious Law Firm in Dadeland is looking to hire a sharp Legal Assistant with insurance defense litigation experience. Very busy practice so they're looking for someone that takes initiative and has strong organizational skills. Candidates with at least 5 years of experience will be considered. First Party Property experience a plus!
Firm offers excellent benefits and salary, depending on experience. Immediate opportunity!
Legal Assistant Insurance Defense – Job Duties:
- Set hearings, depositions, mediations and meetings for attorney
- Calendar deadlines for discovery, trial, etc.
- Scan and save all documents and mail into AIM
- Prepare documents for filing with court (hearing notices, mediation notices, deposition notices, notices of filing, etc.)
- Process all invoices for subpoenas, document requests, deposition transcripts, etc.
- Save all email correspondence between attorney, paralegal and opposing counsel
- Transcribe dictation for attorneys
- Update/Keep track of case list, trial list and closing of files
- Open new files – run conflict checks, request parties to be added to AIM, set up new file
- Communicate with clients, opposing counsel and vendors
- Handle travel arrangements for attorneys
- Set up conference room(s) for client meetings
Legal Assistant Insurance Defense – Requirements:
- 5+ years of legal assistant experience
- Excellent computer skills; including Word, Excel & Outlook (Power Point is a plus)
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, team player and the ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of court rules, procedures, deadlines, e-filing and production of legal documents
- Ability to accurately maintain files and calendaring
Similar Job Titles:
- Litigation Legal Assistant
- Paralegal Insurance Defense
- Litigation Legal Secretary
- Litigation Paralegal
- Legal Assistant Insurance Defense
- Insurance Defense Legal Secretary
- First Party Property
- Legal Assistant First Party Property
If you have the experience or know anyone qualified, please contact Lilliana del Real with Legal Search Solutions at Lillidr@TopLawJobs.com